For men, an Enlarging Prostate (EP) is difficult to talk about. Although changes in prostate health are indefinitely part of every man's life, the signs and symptoms that are associated with this condition often prove too embarrassing for most men to even mention. Prostate enlargement is also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH. It remains one of the most prevalent problems for men over the age of 60. Moreover, 90% of all men will experience at least some signs and symptoms by age 80.
Conventional treatments aim to reduce symptoms via drug treatments and invasive surgery. However, like many other conditions, the best treatment for the prostate begins far before an enlargement occurs. This is accomplished by manipulating numerous lifestyle factors, including exercise and nutrition. In addition, the use of botanicals and alternative supplements has proven advantageous for supporting the current health of the prostate, and improving urological symptoms when BPH has already been diagnosed.
Avistate is Your non-invasive option for prostate health and BPH symptom management:
Despite the advances is conventional prostate treatments, four out of ten men require invasive surgical procedures for symptom relief. Additionally, the recovery time for these procedures is months. Many men also have resounding effects in areas of sexual functioning and pleasure during intercourse. Finally, what many patients fail to realize, is that BPH surgeries leave much of the prostate intact; therefore BPH can still be possible in patients even though surgery and the healing process has been completed.
Avistate is a non-invasive prostate support formula that has been designed to support current prostate health and lessen the many discomforting symptoms associated with prostate enlargement. Research has shown that diet plays an integral role in the maintenance and promotion of prostate health. In fact, nutritional supplementation with amino acids and saw palmetto has been shown to diminish the harmful effects of 5-alpha-reductase on the prostate. Avistate not only contains saw palmetto, but other key nutrients that have been clinically proven to promote prostate function and lessen the severity of BPH. Avistate's unique, synergistic prostate formula includes:
- Serenoa repens (Saw Palmetto): Saw palmetto is an effective treatment for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Several clinical studies have shown significant improvement in lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) like frequent urination, painful urination, hesitancy, urgency, and perineal heaviness. It also decreases nocturia, improves peak and mean urinary flow, and lowers residual urine volume in patients with BPH.
- Pygeum africanum (Pygeum bark): A review of current studies on pygeum for BPH suggests that this botanical medicine is also an effective and safe treatment, improving both urological symptoms and measurements of flow.
- Urtica dioica (Nettle root): Urtica is another safe and effective herbal treatment for BPH. It may work through an antiproliferative effect on prostatic cells and may also lessen the effects of androgenic hormones by competitively blocking access to human sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG).
- Isoflavones (soy extract): Epidemiological studies show that diets higher in soy products are associated with reduced risk and progression of prostate cancer and prostatitis, or inflammation of the prostate gland. The isoflavone, genistien, appears to be involved in the pathogenesis of BPH and prostate cancer.
- Lycopene: Lycopene is beneficial for both prevention and treatment of prostate cancer. Men who consume 6 mg per day or more of lycopene from foods such as tomatoes and tomato products seem to have a significantly reduced risk of developing prostate cancer.
Selenium: Serum levels of selenium appear to be lower in patients with conditions of the prostate.